In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
1. Mission Sub-1 Crossbow Black
2. Mission MXB 400 Crossbow
For High-End crossbows, mission Archery crossbows hit it out of the park.
Mission Archery is the brand of Mathews, a manufacturer of high-end vertical bows that are known for their smooth draw length and weight. These crossbows come from the premium archery that is known for their excellent customer service and the great warranty coverage in the industry.
These are the crossbows that are built like a long-range precision rifle. The Benchmark Fire Control technology features a two-stage match-grade trigger, easy-load bolt retention arm, and a decocking button. This decoking button allows shooters to safely decock their crossbow without disengaging the safety or fire bolts.
Here is a list of Best Mission Crossbows including a brief description, specifications, and pros & cons.
Comparison Chart for Top 5 Mission Archery Crossbows In 2021
|Crossbow||Bow Weight (lbs)||Velocity (FPS)||Draw Weight (lbs)|
|Mission 400||1.6||400 / 360 / 310||200 / 160 / 125|
|Mission Sub-1 XR||7.6||410||150 – 250|
|MXB 320||6.5||320 / 290 / 260 / 225||180 / 150 / 120 / 100|
Which are the 5 Best Mission Crossbows In 2021?
1. Mission Sub-1 Crossbow Black
|Draw Weight||200 lbs|
|Trigger Pull||3.4 lbs|
|Color||Under Armour Ridge Reaper|
|Width (cocked/uncocked)||10.7” / 13.8”|
Mission Sub-1 is designed to be the most accurate, quiet, easy to use bow on the market. With its compact frame and uncompromising commitment with high quality materials, the SUB-1 promises an unmatched shooting experience. This crossbow consistently delivers groups less than 1″ at 100 yards. It also features an innovative trigger system that can safely decock with the push of a button.
It features Sync X cam with high let-off ensures the arrow nock stays centered both horizontally and vertically throughout the release. The draw-weight the quad limbs is 200 pounds and the power stroke is 13.74 inches. Its draw is gentle and makes them the easiest crossbow to cock that can shoot a 400-grain arrow at 350 fps.
With smooth draw and 80% let-off the hunter can decock the SUB 1 in a treestand without resorting to using discharge bolts or lowering a cocked crossbow down the side of the tree to the ground. The flight deck is as important as the accuracy of the crossbow as the barrel is to a riffle. It features patented CNC machined rail eliminates vertical nock travel for unmatched accuracy.
This crossbow features rifle inspired stock that allows for 6 different length of pull adjustments and 1.25″ of adjustment in the comb for a customized fit. This package includes Mission soft-case, Hawke illuminated scope, Mission MX-3 quiver, three 20″ Mission bolts, rail lube and Mission SUB-1 precisely Level.
- The fully synced cam system provides uniform arrow launch and effortless cocking/decocking.
- It comes with RSD (Removable Silent Draw) System.
- It has easy load bolt retention arm for effortless loading.
- It features fully contained rolling sear dual-stage trigger set at a crisp 3.4 pounds.
- It is made from aluminum and steel with very few plastic components.
- It offers high accuracy as well as less vibration and noise.
- The 350 fps speed with a 400-grain arrow is on the slow side for newer crossbows.
- The Sub-1 crossbow is a bit expensive.
2. Mission MXB 400 Crossbow
|Draw Weight||200 / 160 / 125 lbs|
|Power Stroke||14 “|
|Speed||400 / 360 / 310 FPS|
The Mission MXB 400 is the perfect choice for speed freaks! It draws massive energy in a smooth draw cycle to produce up to 400+ fps.
It has skeletonized stock and rail that reduce weight, and auto safety gives extra confidence when cocking. The highly efficient X Cam technology add to the high-speed punch of this crossbow. The compact, lightweight design makes this crossbow easy-to-cock and easy to carry.
The PCC offers a deep rope groove to secure the rope when cocking and auto safety is engaged during the cocking process giving an extra margin of confidence.
MXB-400 combined with its well balanced and ergonomic platform, this crossbow delivers high speed, maneuverability, and durability. The design of the forward grip provides a solid hold, and the range colors offered allows you to customize this crossbow to your taste.
The Package includes:
- Hawke XB-1 1.5-5×32 SR Etched Reticle
- 2-color illuminated scope
- 3 Mission Bolt/Arrows (Half-moon metal nock, 22″ long)
- Mission MX-3 Quiver and a Case
- These crossbows are lightweight and easy-to-cock.
- It doesn’t have stirrup that reduces the overall length.
- It features auto safety and PCC (Positive Cocking Control).
3. Mission Crossbow SUB-1 XR Hunting Pro Kit
|Width (Cocked / Uncocked)||9.1″ / 12.5″|
It offers the speed up to 410 fps, that means it translates to 130 ft.lbs of energy using a 350-grain projectile. This crossbow provides plenty of strength for the most North American game.
The SUB-1 XR comes standard with a three pound, two-stage trigger. It features an increased limb platform width with added cutouts to the Back Out System (B.O.S). It allows for a string, cable changes, also draw weight changes from 150-250 pounds.
Its CNC machined, full control limbs align the XR split limbs to the riser. The trigger box is power-packed with the latest technology, two-stage action, and a match-grade trigger. It features a fully contained roller sear that offers a super-crisp pull.
All the components of the trigger are precision machined and fitted, whereas its two-stage action lets you position the trigger with the first pull and then fire the bolt with extra pull.
This crossbow is designed for hard-hitting accuracy and superior stealth. Its solid built, powerful quietness and the price makes it the best crossbow for the money.
- It has fully synced cam system that eliminates horizontal nock travel.
- It provides uniform arrow launch and effortless cocking & de-cocking.
- It is one of the quietest bows.
- These crossbows also offer an ultra-smooth draw cycle.
- It has an ergonomic design grip.
4. Mission MXB Charge with Pro Package
|Draw Weight||225 lbs|
|Power Stroke||12.75 “|
|Width (Cocked / Uncocked)||9.1″ / 12.5″|
Mission Charge offers an easy draw, crisp trigger pull, and pinpoint accuracy for a reasonable price. It is also available in three packages, i.e., the XB Basic, the XB Hunter, and XB Pro. The only difference among the three packages is the quality of the scope included in the package.
It comes with patent-pending Smart Guide Slide that reduces the torque on the cable and cams as the crossbow is cocked. The Charge Crossbow has CNC machined rail that eliminates vertical nock travel for unmatched accuracy.
The Adjustable Limb Retention Technology is coupled with a stock that can be customized to fit almost any shooter.
- With a draw Smart Guide Slide, it is quite easy to cock.
- It has adjustable stock and ALRS (Adjustable Limb Retention System).
- These crossbows are easy to assemble.
- This is lightweight, balanced, and extremely easy to use.
- It is very quiet and powerful enough to shoot down many big and small size games.
- It isn’t as compact as Sniper Lite crossbow.
5. Mission MXB 320 Basic Package
|Draw Weight||180 / 150 / 120 / 100 lbs|
|Speed||320 / 290 / 260 / 225 fps|
The Mission MXB 320 is loaded with revolutionary bow technology for higher performance, adjustability for ultimate comfort and incredible accuracy. Most crossbows come with a fixed draw weight that makes it difficult for women or children to use. On the other hand, it can be set at 180 pounds down to 100 pounds and makes this crossbow perfect for female and youth hunters.
It is capable of generating speeds up to 320 feet per second and using a 400-grain projectile, MXB 320 translates to about 91 ft.lbs of energy as the arrow leaves the crossbow.
It adjustable stock offers several inches of adjustability, providing the crossbow custom feel. The forward grip provides nice, solid hand placement whereas also providing a guard above the grip that keeps hands and fingers clear of the string. The MXB features BIAS (Bridge Integrated Accuracy Support) rail that includes a bridge that run along its center line to provide the ultimate accuracy. It allows the hunter to change the strings and cables without using a bowpress.
It also comes handy when shooting from a treestand as this crossbow weighs only 6.5 pounds, 31″ long and has a width of 19.5 inches.
- Its X Cam Technology makes it fast and compact crossbow.
- It is lightweight and ultra compact.
- These crossbows are very quiet.
- It comes with a PCC (Positive Cocking Control) Anchor for drawing the bow.
What Are The Common Features in These Crossbows?
The range of MXB crossbows is similar in feel, accuracy, and quietness. Here are a few common features:
- The draw-weight ranges from 100 to 225 lbs while offering fast speeds.
- All crossbows utilize X-cam technology.
- They all have integrated scope mounts.
- There is no stirrup ( they use an integrated X-Trend to cock).
- They all are lightweight ( under 7.5 lbs).
- They have adjustable buttstocks.
The biggest variations found throughout the product lineup are dimensions and weight. The scope and the quiver supplied with each package are different.
Mission provides a wide range of X-bow accessories. Given the unique design of the MXB range, many crossbow accessories are specific to the MXB crossbow. Here are some of the popular and best-selling items:
They offer four different scopes, depending on the package level selected. The Pro level comes with a Hawke XB 1.5 – 5 SR, Etched reticle. The hunter comes with a variable speed two color illuminated scope, and beginner level has a Hawke 4×32 wire reticle, non-illuminated scope.
Its Basic kit includes a Hawke 3×32 MAP wire reticle, non-illuminated scope. All scopes can easily mount on any crossbow utilizing the same mounting system and use weaver style rings.
All MXB crossbow packages come standard with three 22 inch crossbow bolts. They also offer 20″ Dagger bolts that are designed for the MXB-Dagger and MXB-320. Mission also provides half-moon nocks, whereas field points and broadheads will need to be purchased separately.
The standard cocking rope that comes in each crossbow kit does a great job of assisting in cocking the crossbow. The PCC nicely aids in the cocking as the rope attaches underneath the buttstocks, that allows for the smoother pull.
For enhancing the ease of cocking, Mission also offers an RSD cocking system that fits all Mission models. This cocking system is quick to remove and allows for near total silent cocking.
Mission provides a heavy-duty padded soft case that is included in all MXB packages. It has an outside pocket for storing quiver and arrows as well as a pocket on the opposite side for storing accessories. It also features a heavy duty handle that makes carrying the case comfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to adjust the draw-weight of your crossbow?
You can use a 7/32 hex wrench to adjust the draw weight. Insert this into front limb bolts and turn in even increments on each side.
2. What type of arrow should you use with your MXB Crossbow?
It is recommended to use Mission branded arrows. They are 20 to 22 inches long and +300 grains without broadheads or field point. The total weight with broadhead/field point installed must be a minimum of 400 grains and 20″ or 22″ long.
Mission also recommends, to use half-moon style aluminum nocks as this allows the string to be in full contact with the nock.
3. Can you use a fixed blade broadhead with your crossbow?
Yes, you can use a 3 blade fixed head that has a cutting diameter of 1-1/8″ or less.