In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Compound Bows have gained wide popularity and relevance due to its mechanical advantage. These archery bows are available in a wide range of features and specifications. This compound Bow sets a new standard with its Binary Cam Technology and ready to shoot models makes it popular bows.
It offers cutting edge innovations and is the most versatile compound bows at an affordable price. These bow helps to take down hunting games and is suitable for beginner hunters.
Not only this the bow’s have growth capabilities and grows with an archer. Many companies often try to make it more sophisticated as selecting the compound bow is somewhat tricky. But don’t worry as we are here to help you choose the Best Diamond Bows with versatile features.
Below is the buying guide, specifications, pros, and cons of the product that will help you select the best bow.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Best Diamond Bows In 2020
|Diamond Bows||Bow Weight (lbs)||Velocity (FPS)||Draw Weight (lbs)|
|Diamond Carbon Knockout||3.2||302||40|
|Diamond Archery Prism||3.2||295||50|
|Diamond Atomic LH 29||1.9||191||6-29|
|Diamond Archery Provider||3.2||310||20-70|
|Diamond Edge SB-1||3.5||318||7- 70|
|Diamond Archery Deploy||3.2||330||50-70|
|Diamond Archery Atomic Breakup||1.9||191||6 to 29|
|Diamond Archery Medalist||4.5||322||40-70|
|Diamond Archery Infinite Edge||3.1||310||5-70|
|Diamond Edge 320||3.6||320||7-70|
Which are the 10 Best Diamond Compound Bows For The Money?
1. Diamond Carbon Knockout Compound Bow
|Draw Weight: 40 lbs||Speed: 302 FPS|
|Brace Height: 6.75″||Axle to Axle: 30″|
|Draw Length: 22.5″-27″||Mass Weight: 3.2 lbs|
Diamond Archery is the no.1 selling brand that ensures ultimate archery experience as it is a great sport of archery. It has a leading Binary Technology and Carbon Riser that makes Carbon Knockout the number one choice in Women’s bows. The Carbon Knockout Compound Bow package gives women the cutting edge technology with good performance and accuracy. The compound bow was born from strength.
It offers straight line nock travel and exceptional tunability with inevitable string and cable stretch over time. It has a rotating module design that offers wide-ranging draw length adjustments and an infinite draw stop without needing a new cam or module to change length. The compound bow’s weight is 3.2 lbs that are ultralightweight and offers maximum strength.
- Its aerospace carbon riser design is lightweight and builds last longer.
- It ensures a smooth draw from beginning to end.
- The compound bow offers instant accuracy and unmatched tunability.
- It is lightweight, smooth, and stunning.
2. Diamond Archery Prism Bow Package
|Draw Weight: 50 lb||Axle to Axle: 31″|
|Speed: 295 FPS||Brace Height: 7″|
|Mass Weight: 3.2 lbs||Let-off: 80%|
Prism Bow is another bow of Edge Series which ensures versatility, adjustability, and better performance. It features a limb system that allows you to adjust the draw weight between 5 and 55 pounds. It has rotating modules that adjust the draw length between 18 to 30 inches.
It has 80% let-off that ensures you only have to hold 20% of the pull weight. It keeps the bow steady and leaves you with energy to focus or aim the target. At 3.2 lbs of weight, it offers a speed of 295 FPS. The package includes a four-pin Apex sight, Hostage XL rest, Octane Deadlock Lite quiver, peep sight, string dampers, and string loops.
- The compound bow comes in left-hand orientation.
- It provides a brace height of 7 inches.
- The compound bow is compact and provides 31″ Axle to Axle length.
- It is available in different variety of colors.
- It is extremely versatile and adjustable.
3. Diamond Archery Atomic LH 29 Electric Blue
|Draw Weight: 6-29 lbs||Draw Length: 12″-24″|
|Weight: 1.9 lbs||Axle to Axle Length: 24″|
|Brace Height: 6″||Speed: 191 FPS|
Diamond Atomic is specially designed for the youngsters and fits a young archer. The bow weight is 1.9 lbs that makes it comfortable to hold or carry. The light bows are suitable for backcountry hunters and shooters who doesn’t have enough strength. This compound bow has a rotating module with now let-off settings. The machined aluminum cam or riser makes it durable enough to withstand heavy abuse. The Anti Backout System prevents the limb from detaching. The carbon-glass bow limbs are both durable and flexible. It enables you to flex when drawing the string.
The two rotating modules enable you to adjust the draw length of the string from 12 to 24 inches. It comes with an adjustable draw-weight range between 6 and 29 pounds.
Its package includes 3-pin sight, two-piece 3-arrow quiver, capture style arrow rest and three carbon arrows. Its both cam rotates as the string is drawn and provides a throttle system that propels the arrow rest at a speed of 191 feet per second.
- It is comfortable to carry and hold, especially for the kids.
- This compound bow accommodates and grows with the kids.
- The machined aluminum system is quite useful for a small bow.
- It has a brace height of 6 inches.
- The cam system ensures a better draw.
- It doesn’t require bow press for adjustment.
- This compound bow is right hand oriented.
4. Diamond Archery Provider Bow Package
|Draw Length: 25.5″-31″/td>||Draw Weight: 20-70 lbs|
|Speed: 310 FPS||Kinetic Energy: 74 ft.-lbs|
|Weight: 3.2 lbs||Brace Height: 7.5″|
|Let-off: 80%||IBO speed: 310 FPS|
Diamond Archery Provider is a budget-friendly designed for hunters. It comes with better features such as a rotating module that allows you to adjust the draw length ranges between 25.5 and 31 inches. The bow’s single cam technology gives the bow a fast shooting speed. The 80% let-off ensures that you have to hold 20% of the pull weight.
It comes with the R.A.K system that makes the compound bow ready to shoot. It offers many features and helps to increase the bow’s aiming and shooting capabilities. This compound bow weighs 3.2 lbs and has a length of 31 inches between its two axles. It is easy to carry, especially when climbing up trees to fix your target.
- It offers a wide range of adjustments.
- It is a multi-shooter bow.
- It is lightweight and compact.
- It ensures easy maneuverability while hunting.
- This compound bow is easy to carry when climbing trees.
- It has a solid back wall.
- It is available in both left hand and right hand.
5. Diamond Edge SB-1 Compound Bow
|Draw Weight: 7-70 lbs||Draw Length: 15″-30″|
|Speed: 318 FPS||Axle to Axle: 31″|
|Brace Height: 7″||Let Off: 80%|
Diamond Edge SB-1 Compound Bow Package is built for hunters and archers. Its technology grows with you no matter you are a beginner or young archer. Its binary system combines with an EZ Adjust Pocket system. The high-performance bow gives hunters an easy to setup bow with set-and-forget tunability. This compound bow comes in four color choices such as Black Ops, Purple Blaze, Blue Blaze, and Mossy Oak Break Up Country.
With 7- 70 lbs pull weight it shots arrows up to 318 fps speed. The 80% let-off system brings consistent accuracy that other designs can’t match. Though the system is easy to use, you may also require a 1/4 Allen wrench to adjust the bow. This compound Bow is ready to hunt/shoot bow at an IBO Speed of 318 FPS. It is quite easy to handle with an axle to axle length of 31 inches. The accessories with the package include a bow, quiver, stabilizer, sight and arrow rest.
- It lets you enjoy more time shooting and less tuning time.
- It is ideal for beginners as well as experienced archers.
- This compound bow brings safety, accuracy, and ease of use.
- The 3.6 lbs weight makes it compact and easy to use.
- This compound bow grows with you.
- It offers the best quality at an affordable price.
- The binary system overcomes the timing issue.
- It ensures outstanding versatility with adjustable length.
6. Diamond Archery Deploy SB RAK Compound Bow
|Draw Weight: 50-70 lbs||Draw Length: 26″-30.5″|
|Speed: 330 FPS||Weight: 3.2 lbs|
|Brace Height: 6.75″||Let-off: 80%|
Diamond Deploy is the technologically advanced bow designed by Diamond Archery. It has full R.A.K system that is ready, aim, and kill. This system in the bow is tested for a high level of accuracy and is factory installed. It includes custom sight, an Octane deadlock lite quiver 5-inch Octane ultra-light stabilizer, Octane capture arrow rest, a carbon peep, a BCY string loop, and a wrist sling.
The bow features a binary system which works with both cams and ensures that they rotate as you draw the string. The 3.2-inch draw weight shot at a speed of up to 330 fps speed. The compound bow offers the rotating module for adjusting the draw length between 26 to 30.5 inches. Overall it is an exceptional bow for hunting any game.
- The bow is ideal for hunting.
- It offers a smooth cycle.
- This compound bow is lightweight and compact.
- It is available in 50, 60, and 70 lbs of draw weight.
- It comes with a binary system that is easy to tune with the bow.
- The bow is a little noisy.
7. Diamond Archery Atomic Breakup Country Bow Package
|Draw Weight: 6-29 lbs||Draw Length: 12″-24″|
|Speed: 191 FPS||Axle to Axle: 24″|
|Weight: 1.9 lbs||Brace Height: 6″|
This Archery Atomic is a popular youth bow with new finish options. It offers matching string, cables, and accessories. Its high quality components are made of real aluminum and limbs are made of carbon glass that is strong and flexible. With 9.5 lbs of poundage, it is capable of shooting at 191 fps speed. The adjustable drawing weight of 6″ to 29″ with a draw length of 12″ to 24″ delivers plenty of power for shooting.
The Atomic package includes capture arrow rest, hip quiver, tube peep sight, black nock, and three arrows. The two rotating modules of the bow allow you to adjust the draw length of the string from 12″ to 24″.
- Its design is well suitable for young archers.
- The compound bow is comfortable to hold and carry.
- Its strings assure you strong and long service life.
- It provides plenty of power for hunting and target shooting.
- This compound bow manufactured primarily for the kids and grow with them.
- The machined aluminum cam system is effective for a small bow.
- Its cam system ensures a smooth draw.
8. Diamond Archery Medalist 38 Target Bow
|Draw Weight: 40-70 lbs||Draw Length: 23″-32.5″|
|Brace Height: 7.125″||Speed: 322 FPS|
|Axle to Axle: 38″||Weight: 4.5 lbs|
Diamond Archery Medalist is designed for avid or novice archers to crossover into target archery. The compound bow has all the characteristics of high-end target bows. It includes flat back grip, adjustable sight height, axle to axle for stability and binary cam. The draw length of bow ranges between 23 to 32.5 inches that can be adjustable to any distance. It is indeed the perfect bow for finger shooters and long draw hunters.
It has a binary cam that has symmetrical cams slaved to each other. It provides flawless nock travel that ensures accuracy for an extended period of time. Its 4.5 poundage makes the bow heavy, but it never compromises with the accuracy. The bow has 38″ axle to axle length that makes it non- maneuverable.
- It provides better stability and tunability.
- The compound bow has impressive technology that other competitors can’t match.
- It has 80% let-off.
- This compound bow is suitable for archery.
- It is available in 40, 50, 60 and 70 pounds of draw-weight.
- Its flat back grip ensures better consistency.
9. Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Bow Package
|Draw Weight: 5-70 lbs||Draw Length: 13” to 30”|
|Speed: 310 FPS||Kinetic Energy: 74.7 ft.-lbs|
|Axle to Axle: 31″||Weight: 3.1 lbs|
|Color: Mossy Oak Breakup Infinity||Let-off: 75%|
This Infinite Edge Bow is the excellent bow for young hunters. It pushes the limit of superior archery performance. Its draw length can be easy gets adjusted from 13″ to 30″. Its cam system ensures a smooth draw cycle and let-off of 75%. The bow weighs only 3.1lbs and is extremely light-in-weight. Due to its light build, it is easy to carry around. The compound bow offers versatility and makes it a high-performance bow for well-rounded archers. At 74.7 ft.-lbs of kinetic energy, it strokes 310 fps speed. It comes in Mossy Oak Breakup Infinity color option.
The package includes 3-pin Apex sight, tube peep sight, octane deadlock sight, hostage xl arrow rest, and BCY string loop.
- The compound bow comes in a right-hand draw.
- Its solid back walls give you better stability.
- The bow is lightweight and has a solid build.
- It has a brace height of 7 inches.
- It includes hostage XL arrow rest.
- The bow offers unlimited value and maximum adjustability.
- This versatile bow comes at an affordable price.
- The package doesn’t include arrows.
You can read a full review on Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Bow here.
10. Diamond Edge 320 in Mossy Oak Break-Up Camo
|Draw Weight: 7-70 lbs||Draw Length: 15″ to 31″|
|Speed: 320 FPS||Brace Height: 7.25″|
|Axle to Axle: 31.5″||Weight: 3.6 lbs|
The Edge 320 features premium performance and builds off the proven Edge platform. The compound bow’s design fits a variety of archers. Its Synchronized Binary System ensures better ease of tunability. It also offers 7 to 70 lbs of adjustment. At 320 FPS of game-stopping power, it can easily take any hunting challenge.
- Its better adjustability makes it the perfect bow for beginners and experienced archers.
- Its power allows you to take any hunting challenge.
- It has 7.25 inch of brace height.
- It is easy to use and has adjustable features that give a premium performance.
- This compound bow can be tuned easily with its binary system.
What are the Factors to Consider?
Before buying a bow, it is essential to consider the purpose of your buying a bow. Is it for hunting, recreation, and target shooting? Once you have determined the intention of your purchase, the next step is to focus on the accessories. Here is the complete guide of features, specifications, and factors that you need in a bow.
It is the efforts that you put to pull the string to full draw. A good quality compound bow allows you to draw the weight smoothly. The higher pull weight makes it harder to shoot. Some people won’t be able to pull the higher draw-weight, then let-off deal with this problem. One must match the arrow for the bow’s draw weight.
An ideal draw weight as per age of the person includes:
|Small Child: 10- 15 lbs||Youngster: 15-20 lbs|
|Large Child and Small Framed Women: 25-35 lbs||Women and Large framed Boys: 30-40 lbs|
|Small Framed Men: 45-55 lbs||Large Framed Women and Youth Boys: 40-50 lbs|
|Adult Males: 50-65 lbs||Well Built Males: 65-70 lbs|
Speed is the crucial factor whether its archery or hunting. It provides better accuracy at good fps speed. The compound bow shoots over 250 fps speed to 370 fps speed.
When shooting a target accuracy plays a major role, and it is rated higher than speed. The better the foot per second speed, the better the accurate shots.
Brace Height measures the distance from the bow grip to the bowstring at rest. It measures the grip of your bow to the string where you place your arrow. The taller brace height makes it easy to shoot the compound bow. On the other hand, the smaller brace height, the less accurate the bow shoots.
Let-off is measured in percentage and is the amount of mechanical relaxation that the bow gets at the full draw. The cam system reduces the draw-weight at some level. The reduction is known as let-off and helps to hold the compound bow easily at full draw. It is the same portion with the bow’s peak of draw weight. It ensures you focus more on aiming and perfecting the shot. The higher the percentage, the more it holds the bow at full draw. It also helps to increase accuracy.
Draw Length is the length between bowstring at full draw and bow grip. These bows come with adjustable draw lengths between specified ranges. Before buying a compound bow, make sure you compare your length with the bow’s length. The longer draw length allows you to pull the highest poundage, and it will further cause inconsistencies.
In the case of shorter length, it requires you to bend your elbow and hard to draw. You can calculate the draw length by measuring the distance of your arm span and divide the length by 2.5.
Compound Bow has a Cam System that allows you to do the heavy pulling. It is available in 4 types, i.e., single cam, hybrid cams, binary cams, and twin cams. The binary cams offer accurate and high-velocity shots. On the other hand, Single Cams are harder to tune but easy to use. The binary cam system makes this compound bow easy to draw. However, an experienced archer can tune it easily and understands the nock travel in action.
The sights allow you to pinpoint as to how high to hold the compound bow. It solely depends on the yards you are targeting. There are different sights of hunting that include still hunting, ground blind, tree stand, spot, and stalk. Each style has its benefits. The seven pin sights are ideal for spot and stock or still hunting.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Bowtech make diamond Archery Bow?
Diamond is a sister company of Bowtech. Bowtech Bows are strictly binary cams whereas diamond bows are single cam bows.
2. Are Compound Bows Suitable for Beginners?
Yes. The compound bows are fast, powerful, and lightweight. These bows are easy to handle, shoot, and aim as compared to recurve crossbows. Mostly bowhunters use this compound bow to go hunting.
3. How to Choose a Hunting Bow?
Well, it solely depends on your preferences and level of use. Choose a compound bow as per your beginner or experience hunting or shooting skills. However, many factors come into play. It includes eye dominance, draw length, axle to axle length, speed and draw weight.
4. Do You Need a License to Own a Bow?
No. You don’t need a license, but under the Crimes Act crossbows (bow and arrows) are offensive weapons. It should be carried with lawful and proper purpose. For instance, using it for archery practice of hunting.