When you’re planning on going hunting, then one of the aspects you should focus on how to stay concealed while you are on the field. Whether it is a huge pair of deer or a pair of mallard ducks, you don’t want to lose the chance of hunt.
A good ground blind is a handy tool to have while hunting.
Using hunting blinds enhances overall chances of staying hidden and undetected from deer, ducks, turkey & coyote. Moreover, it enables you to stay longer outdoors without feeling the ill effects of sweltering heat or cold air.
The different kinds of blinds can help you stay covered from all the prey. Some blinds even cover up human scent to undetected bodily scent from deer who have a good sense of smell. There are various types of blinds available depending on the different game, or location you’ll be hunting.
Here we listed 10 Hunting Blinds based on in-depth research and top reviews.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Hunting Blinds In 2020
Which are the 10 Best Hunting Blinds In 2020?
1. Barronett Ox 5 Pop Up Portable 5-Sided Blind
|Capacity: 3-4 people||Weight: 33 lbs|
|Height: 72″||Footprint: 41.59 sq.ft|
|Elbow Room: 67.21 sq.ft|
The tough and unforgiving weather, you want hunting blind that can resist weather and outlast anything nature throws at it. Barnett Ox 5 is the best pop-up blind. Its popularity among hunters is due to its amazing features and durability.
It is crafted from OxHide material that is a durable, waterproof, and no-shine fabric made of two bonded layers of polyester. The camouflage pattern on the outside to help you blend right into the woods.
In this pop-up blind, a group of three hunters can comfortably fit inside it with its innovative five-sided design. Moreover, there is enough room for gear too. It features a thicker framework with ball and socket hubs.
It comes with a fully adjustable window design that opens from the center horizontally across three sides and silently slides to the desired width or height. You can enter this blind through the back with an easy to access door.
It comprises of an enormous footprint, brush holder, and ground skirt for your ultimate convenience. The ground skirt and brush holder keep the hunter concealed inside this ground blind.
- It is water-resistant that is great for light rainfall.
- It has plenty of space to fit both hunters and gear inside.
- It is portable blind.
- It is easy to carry and setup.
- It features silently slide windows.
- It is scratch resistant on the inside.
- It includes a carrying bag with a shoulder strap.
- It isn’t completely waterproof. Thus it isn’t suitable if you plan on hunting in heavy rainfall.
2. Barronett Blinds Big Cat Blind
|Height: 80″||Weight: 19 lbs|
|Footprint: 70″||Camo: Backwoods|
|Elbow Room: 90″|
This Barronett blind is for those who want a lot of space when they hunt. It is a five-sided pentagon shape blind offering it 70% more space than its rivals.
It is crafted with durable, waterproof 150D fabric and supported by all-metal hubs and fiberglass poles. The durable construction will hold up season after season even after daily exposure to harsh weather situations.
It has several windows that are easy and quiet to open. Moreover, it features noise-free window adjustments so that you won’t scare off the game with noisy velcro or zipper.
- It has a spacious interior that is great for Bowhunters.
- It assembles quickly due to his Pop-up design.
- It comes with several windows.
- It is wind and waterproof.
- You can comfortably shoot with a crossbow inside it.
- The blind walls flaps and move in high wind.
3. Ameristep AMEBL3000 Care Taker Ground Blind
|Height: 66″||Weight: 13.5 lbs|
|Footprint: 55″||Window Openings: 9|
|Shooting Width: 66″|
Ameristep is one of the well-known manufactures of blinds, and their great model is the Ameristep Blind. It is crafted for use by rifle and bowhunters. It provides plenty of space for two people and also has enough room to use a crossbow comfortably inside.
This blind is easy to set up and take down with its rugged spider hub frame. It is waterproof, which is a nice perk that isn’t usually seen in other models. It also has a specialized guard coating that prevents the blind from casting any shadows or silhouettes on the ground.
It comes with multiple large windows to keep an eye on your surroundings. Another favorite feature of this model is shoot-through mesh. It can be easily used for a hunt of turkey, deer, or whatever other needs you have.
It comes with heavy tie-downs and stakes for excellent stability. Furthermore, its real tree camo ensures that deer and other animals will never know you are out there watching for them.
- It is one of the lightweight options on the market.
- It is easy to use and highly portable.
- It is easy to set up and deconstruction as it takes less than two minutes.
- It is perfect for rainy and windy weather.
- It features shoot-through mesh for hunting from the inside.
- Some users report noisy zippers.
4. Ameristep Doghouse Ground Blind
|Height: 66″||Weight: 14 lbs|
|Capacity: 2 person||Window Openings: 7|
|Shooting Width: 60″|
The Doghouse blind works in the same way that a pop-up tent works. It pops-up into shape when you pull it out of the packaging, and you’ve to fold it back together again after.
With this blind, you can get a comfortable and concealed while you wait for animals to shoot with shoot-through mesh. The compact design makes it comfortable to carry anywhere you want. It also includes a storage bag for storing the blind when not in use.
It features brown/green camouflage design and is covered with artificial leaves that allow it to whisper in the wind and act like any other part of the forest. With interior ShadowGuard coating, it helps get rid of your shadow when you are inside. Overall, it is a perfect option for crossbow hunting.
- It is ideal for firearm and bowhunting.
- It features a shoot-through mesh.
- Its tough Durashell plus exterior is a quiet, weatherproof and water-resistant.
- It can accommodate up to two hunters.
- It is designed for heavy-duty use.
- It can easily blend with the environment.
- It has water leak issues.
- It is meant for tall, large hunters.
5. Ameristep Deluxe Two Person Tent Chair Blind
|Height: 60″||Weight: 17 lbs|
|Capacity: 2 person||Length: 61″|
|Shell Fabric: Durashell Plus|
Traveling with a big ground blind isn’t something that every hunter is up for. Many outdoorsmen prefer to reserve more space for their hunting equipment and only save a little room for the blind.
This imported fold-over blind is made of 50% cotton and 50% polyester. It has a Realtree edge camo print for optimal concealment. The fabric used in this blind makes it extra comfy in all kinds of weather conditions.
It comes with a cup holder in each armrest. This feature is great when you and your buddy are settling in for a long day. It requires no assembly, carry it to your hunting spot and settled down. The package consists of a carrying case with a shoulder strap that allows you to bring the blind anywhere you want.
- It is ideal for firearm and crossbow hunting.
- It is a compact blind.
- It comes with a two-person foldout chair.
- It is made of cotton and polyester.
- It is suitable for tall people.
- It has Shadow Guard coating on it.
- It offers optimal comfort.
- It can resist the harsh elements of woodland.
- The fabric can be noisy at times.
- Two larger hunters may struggle to fit inside it.
6. Ameristep Outhouse Ground Blind, Realtree Xtra
|Height: 78″||Weight: 9 lbs|
|Window Openings: 4||Footprint: 60″|
|Window System: Zipper|
This Ameristep Outhouse blind is built of higher quality materials that make it sturdy and durable. It is crafted using 50% polyester and 50% cotton. Also, it is waterproof and an excellent choice for wet climates and rainy days.
This blind stands over 6 feet tall and comfortably fits up to one hunter. It also features replaceable shoot-through mesh. With its spring steel, you can set up it in less than a minute.
It has a real tree print exterior design and matte finish that helps it look as natural as its surroundings. Furthermore, its patented 3D edge releaf trim breaks up hard edges for a fully brushed-in look. It comes ready to go with stakes, a carry bag, and tie-downs.
- It comes with four zippable windows for great airflow.
- It comes in ready to go package.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- It is simple to set up and breakdown.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- There isn’t enough space to draw the bow.
- It is suitable for multiple hunters.
7. Primos Double Bull Deluxe Ground Blind
|Height: 70″||Weight: 27 lbs with a bag|
|Hub to hub: 77″||Floor Space: 60″|
Primos is another popular manufacturer of hunting blinds. If you are looking for a spacious blind, then this Bull Deluxe is a great option for you.
The shoot-through mesh and doors are broad enough to pass through even with equipment on your body. Moreover, the zipperless door ensures your silence upon entrance and exit. With a durable hub structure, it sets up quickly but is a bit more complex than other models.
The shoot-through mesh covers the windows so that you can easily hunt the blinds. Its camo pattern is perfect for blending into any sort of terrain. While in the package, it includes a carrying bag for easier transportation.
- It has a zipperless entrance and exit that ensures silence.
- It offers a 180-degree full front view with silent slide window closures.
- It provides great stability with a structured hub system.
- It is effortless to set up and take down.
- It isn’t waterproof yet great for mild climates.
- The carrying bag is zipperless.
8. Rhino Blinds R75 2 Person Hunting Ground Blind
|Height: 66″||Weight: 11 lbs|
|Capacity: 2 person||Floor Space: 60″|
The Rhino R75 is one of the toughest and thickest blinds. It pops up easily and isn’t too difficult to pack down. It also has a tougher steel frame that can resist strong winds and lasts longer than some of the cheaper options.
It uses a mossy oak camo pattern that consists of larger leaves, branches, and bark than other camo styles. Therefore, it is perfect for covering your outlining and fitting in with the terrain.
It is crafted with 150 denier polyester for amazing durability. It also offers easy setup and takedown. Moreover, it comes with triple-stitched corners and reinforced areas to prevent the frame from popping through the material.
Whether using a crossbow or a gun while out in the field, this ground blind likely to meet your needs.
- It is built from TripleBond Fabric for extra durability.
- It is easy to set up and take down in seconds with practice.
- It is treated with a durable water repellent to protect and an antimicrobial to help prevent mold and mildew.
- It is one of the toughest blinds on the market.
- It comes with a backpack, stakes, and tie-down ropes.
9. GhostBlind 6-Panel Runner Blind
|Height: 26″||Weight: 8 lbs|
|Width Laid Flat: 98″||Folded Size: 26″ x 16.5″ x 1.5″|
This GhostBlind is made of mirrors and creates a perfect reflection of your surroundings. It is designed with specialized mirror angles that prevent wildlife from spotting themselves. It features six reflective mirror panels are built of waterproof plastic.
Durability is a concern whenever mirrors are involved. It gets around that problem by making use of a plastic panel. Plastic isn’t the most durable material, but it wouldn’t break if you drop it.
It is easy to fold into the size of two panels. Also, you can purchase the Pack-N-Rest bag as an optional accessory that’ll allow you to carry this blind easily.
To clean the panels, you can spray them with a hose and wipe them with a soft cloth.
- Mirror designs provide adaptive camouflage for hunting.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry
- It has an ultra-fast setup and gets ready soon for hunting.
- It is easy to clean.
- It requires frequent cleaning.
- Its height is too short, and mirror panels get fog up in misty weather.
- It is too short for tall hunters.
10. Ameristep Element Hunting Blind
|Height: 67″||Weight: 17 lbs|
|Window Openings: 10||Window Syatem: Silent Toggles|
|Footprint: 59″||Shooting Width: 75″|
|Shell Fabric: ZS3|
If you are searching for the blind that can withstand harsh weather conditions, then this one is a great option. Ameristep manufactures it using a polyester and carbon enhanced fiber that offers excellent durability. It remains comfortable to stay in even when the temperature increases and drops significantly.
It is also coated with Shadow Guard so that the hunter can remain hidden when even when the sun is shining brightly. Furthermore, it also works to reduce the scent and noise you produce.
It has a mesh window and gun ports that provide occupants with easily accessible points to shoot through. However, it is a bit difficult to assemble and tale down.
- It is made from durable polyester and carbon enhanced fabrics.
- Its interior is coated with a shadow guard.
- It features brush loops for adding natural cover.
- It includes a backpack, stakes, and tie-down rope.
- It is tricky to assemble.
Types of Blinds
The hunting blind can accommodate more than one hunter and a good way to share a hunt with others. Here are the different types of blinds:
They work as an umbrella, with a fabric canopy or shell outfitted over an articulated frame. It is lightweight, portable, and can be placed anywhere you find level ground. This pop up blind is the most common type on the market.
Deadly on everything from turkeys to antelope and elk, a pop-up blind can get you in the game when no other method will. Furthermore, it offers varying fields of view from 180 to 360 degrees with various camo styles and window arrangements.
Shoot Through Windows
Many blinds are now created as having mesh panels. It allows hunters to aim directly through the panel from a concealed position. But sure to practice at a known distance first to make sure that shooting through the mesh isn’t impacting your point of aim.
In cold or wet environments, a solid wall blind can save the day. It isn’t as portable as pop-up blind, but you can move one from location to another place with a bit of help.
It is more stable than a pop-up under water-tight, high winds, and spacious enough for more than one hunter. It can even accommodate a small portable heater on bitter mornings.
How To Choose A Hunting Blind?
While searching for a ground blind that you’ll be using for your next hunting trip, don’t forget to keep these factors in mind.
If you are going to trek long distances to find your hunting spot for your next deer hunt, then you don’t require heavy blind. Choose a simpler and lighter ground blind, which is easy to carry.
How many hunters are planning on staying in the blind? Consider its size for comfort and to fit everything in, from yourself down to the weapon.
Also, check if they have additional features and accessories as well, like arm supports, wind checkers, or even pockets for small accessories.
Blinds should be easily hidden in the forest. This pattern and shades of the ground blind should be able to be brushed into the terrain you plan on staying in.
Some manufacturers have even used mirrors to camouflage ground blinds. Make sure that hunting can be properly hidden since you don’t want to scare the animals away before you can even start targeting.
Windows and Doors
The placement and height of the doors and windows must be proper so that you can see what is in front or the sides. Moreover, windows let air into those tight spaces and simultaneously provide you easy access points for scouting targets.
These windows are built using velcro zippers, or they are just left constantly open. Open windows are fine if insects and rain aren’t common issues in your region.
The main function of the ground blind provides you with a form of temporary shelter while you are out hunting. If it can help keep you hidden from your targets and improve shooting conditions, then that would be perfect.
Also, ensure that the blind isn’t littered with small holes. The small holes prevent the blind from offering the maximum level of protection against elements.
Waterproof blinds are worth considering if you know that showers are frequent in your neck of the woods. Avoid buying a blind that keeps you holed up too tightly.
The quality of the ground blind is the most critical factor for hunting. Select a blind made of high-quality materials that’ll last for several seasons without it taking much damage.
Polyester is one of high-grade material that can stand up well to the elements. It also provides adequate protection while remaining comfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between frame blind and pop-up blind?
Frame blinds are heavy duty and very sturdy. It can stand up well to rains and strong winds. For passionate hunters who love to spend a long weekend hunting together with friends, a this blind is a great option.
On the other hand, pop-up are easy to set up and portable. They make moving around easier, even if you are in a group.
2. Can you hunt from a portable blind with your crossbow?
Yes, a portable blind provides extra concealment and handy for bow hunters. It offers the type of cover to cloak large movements and helps the movement of drawing your crossbow from your target animal.
3. What type of game can you hunt from a blind?
Portable blind is useful for hunting whitetails, turkeys, or other big game animals. Some models are even perfect for hunting waterfowl. For duck hunting, look for a duck blind with an open ceiling for easier shooting.