In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Whether you like to hunt with your crossbow or you love being an archer, you’ll need something to carry your arrows with.
A good quiver is every archer’s essential component.
The best bow quiver will be handy to carry as well as for convenient approach to your ammo when it required plenty of arrows. They are available in different varieties. Each type and design has its and features. They differ according to their shape, fitting on the hunter’s body, and capacity of arrows to carry at a time.
Below is the list of 10 Best Back Quivers, comparison chart, and buying guide.
Which are the 10 Best Back Quivers for 2019?
1. Allen Youth Archery Compact Back Quiver
Allen Back Quiver is the best back quiver for hunters that want the least expensive. It comes in black color with the variations of green and ping linings. This youth archery compact quiver features a lightweight design. This quiver features loads of impressive features and specifications. It uses only one adjustable strap that you can sling over your left or right shoulder.
It can securely hold up to 14 arrows, and the quiver is 19 inches long. The sling of the quiver features a rugged spandex binding that lasts over time with swivels tested to 300 pounds. The quiver is heavily padded from inside, and the strap is easily adjustable to accommodate different body types and heights.
- This Allen quiver is easy to carry and adjustable strap.
- It has a heavy-duty neoprene sling design.
- It is well made and sturdy with rugged quality materials.
- It is ideal for target practice.
- It holds arrows securely.
2. Kratarc Archery Back Arrow Quiver Shoulder Hanged Target Shooting Quiver
If you’re in love with the molle system and you would like a quiver that has a molle system, then Kratarc is perfect for you. It features 600D polyester fabric material with an adjustable divided strap.
It comes in color black and camo. This shooting quiver for arrows is one-sided that means it’ll not fit both left or right handed archers. The camo pattern quiver is best suited for right-handed shooters. It has a molle and velcro system. The velcro enables you to attach badges, while the quiver with molle system allows you to attach more pouches at a later stage.
It is 21.6 inches deep that allows for longer arrows and has a capacity of carrying 24 arrows. The shoulder snap has a snap hook buckle that will enable you to attach objects to it.
- It is lightweight and has a foldable design.
- It has molle-system that allows you to attach more items such as tactical clips, tactical patches.
- It is a perfect fit for target practice, hunting, and shooting.
- It features 3-point fixation and handy buckles.
- It also has a storage zippered pocket.
3. Hart of Ten Medieval Leather Hunting Quiver
If you’re looking for a quiver for traditional style archery, the Leather Hunting Quiver by Armor Replicas is an excellent option. It is constructed out of leather except for the steel buckle on the adjustable leather strap. This quiver is hand stitched with a black leather lace. It has an X pattern that adorns the top with four arrow points on the side of this Tudor style quiver.
The overall length of the quiver is 23.63 inches with an opening circumference of 12.56 inches.
- It provides an adjustable shoulder strap with buckle.
- It is perfect for target practicing.
- It has the standard depth for proper stacking.
- It isn’t as durable as its competitors.
4. Pellor Oxford Hunting Archery Quiver, Shoulder Strap 3-Tube
Pellor Oxford Quiver is durable and has a place for everything and offers a lot of storage. It has 3-tubes inside of it for storing arrows. It also provides two pockets on the exterior that are zippered for holding hunting odds.
This back or waist quiver is about 16 inches deep and can hold around four arrows per tube. The tubes are removable. This quiver isn’t suitable for broadheads as the tube are only 1.37″ in diameter, so they may get stuck as you try to get them out.
- It is very cool and fashionable camo quiver.
- It features a handy and adjustable belt loop.
- It is perfect for youth and adult archers.
- It is easy to take off with the plastic buckle.
- It can be worn in two ways.
5. G4Free Archery Back Arrow Quiver
G4free archery deluxe canvas back arrow quiver is one of the best quivers for the hunters that wants the best value for money. This quiver is made of heavy duty canvas material and has a foam insert for broadheads. It is comfortable to wear with the three-point harness.
You can choose between two colors, i.e., black and camouflage. It can fit about 24 to 30 arrows inside of it. The length of the quiver is 21.7 inches and can accommodate any arrow size that makes it best arrow quiver for hunting.
G4Free Quiver makes use of one shoulder strap that you can either use on your right or left shoulder. This shoulder strap can also connect with two more straps that can go along each waist. The product has a soft texture like a duffle bag.
- It is made of nylon weaved canvas that is sturdy, durable, and lightweight.
- It features a three-point harness.
- It is a perfect heavy duty back quiver for broadheads.
- It holds plenty of arrows – upto two dozens.
- It also has a large front storage pocket with a quality zipper.
6. Toparchery Traditional Shoulder Back Quiver
This Toparchery Back Quiver Bow is made from the high quality cow leather. It is great for both left and right handed shooters. This quiver is truly a statement piece with the exotic look and feel of leather used in it. It has enough space to store arrows with holding capacity around 20 arrows.
The outermost part of is made of genuine leather and the second layer is of super-hard leather. The last innermost layer is of black tarpaulin.
- The height of the quiver is 52 cm.
- It features adjustable straps.
- It is versatile and best target quiver.
- It is excellent for target shooting and hunting.
- It doesn’t come with the inside quiver tubes.
- The quality of the Toparchery quiver isn’t up to the mark.
7. Bear Archery Logo Deluxe Back Quiver
Bear Archery Deluxe quiver is an excellent 100% durable leather product that is designed for ambidextrous shooting. It is designed for comfort and organization of the arrows. This quiver has 22-inch depth, compartments for the hunting arrows and the adjustable harness. It has a capacity of 20-30 arrows that reduces the loading trips.
The Bear Logo Deluxe offers a lot of benefits that the traditional quivers don’t have, such as a zippered compartment for other hunting gear storage and the divided compartments inside the quiver itself to allow for arrow separation.
It has durable leather construction that is meant to last for hunting season. The 3-point front harness makes it comfortable to carry and works well for both left and right-handed shooters.
- It features divided compartments for enhanced arrow separation.
- It has an elegant design that features an attractive traditional outlook.
- It holds 20 to 30 arrows.
- It comes with a pull cord for tightening the quiver.
- Its front storage pouch is a bit small.
8. Krayney Back Arrow Quiver
Krayney Back Arrow Quiver is a high quality quiver and is made from Oxford fabric material. This provides multiple pockets to hold essential gears. It is ambidextrous and easy to use.
The length of the quiver is 22 inch and will accommodate most arrow sizes that make it perfect quiver for hunting. Its large storage capacity pocket can hold extra accessories such as arm guards, gloves, etc.
- It can hold about 24 arrows.
- It is made of durable material and lightweight.
- This back quiver is easy to use for both left &right handed shooters.
- It is great for hunting, shooting, and target practice.
- The plastic clips are stiff and a bit harder to use.
9. OMP Mountain Man Suede Side/Back Quiver
OMP Quiver comes with uniqueness of allowing the hunter to choose whether they want to place the quiver on their side or their back. The adjustable strap makes this quiver an excellent choice to use for back or hip shooting styles. This quiver will hold about 20-30 arrows and work well for both left and right-handed shooters. It provides quality hand construction.
It is made from suede material that is durable and holds up well over time.
- It comes with a belt clip and adjustable shoulder strap.
- Its easy to access design ensures ease of arrow removal.
- It is perfect for children and woman due to their size and adjustable strap.
- It offers ambidextrous use and great upto 30 arrows holding capacity.
- It doesn’t have any tubes inside this quiver.
10. Huntingdoor Archery Arrows Quiver Hunting Target Back Canvas Quiver
Huntingdoor Back Quiver is the streamlined harness model without too many bells and whistles. It is suitable for riding, shooting, outdoor hunting, and practicing.
It features a quality zipper with large storage pocket. It can hold your arrows puller and other archery accessories. It is a little more than 21 inches deep, so there is enough space to store longer shafts.
It has a large pocket with quality zipper that can easily hold your arm guard, arrows puller and other archery accessories. This quiver is made from canvas material, and the length of the quiver is 6.7 inches.
- The built quality of the quiver is excellent.
- This quiver can hold up to 30 arrows.
- It features a three-point harness.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- This Huntingdoor quiver may not be a good fit for broadheads.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Back Quivers for 2019
|Back Quiver||Length||Arrows Capacity|
|Hart of Ten Quiver||23.63||24-30|
|Huntingdoor Archery||21||upto 30|
Types of Quivers
Many hunters and archers love the look of the traditional quiver. It includes both side and back traditional-quivers. They are safe to use. However, they don’t have tubes insides, so there is a risk of damage if you’ve arranged the arrows poorly.
Back quivers are useful in hunting, hiking or carrying arrows. It uses a chest strap similar to a backpack and can be used by either left or right-handed users. In back mounted quivers, arrow’s aren’t easy to select, you’ve to pull out a bolt from the top of the quiver. It requires more practice and adjustment for an archer to be able to reach and draw arrows easily.
Hip or Side Quivers
It is popular among the tournament shooters. This Quiver design is handy when you need to draw the arrows quickly.
Some spot and stalk hunters also prefer this type of quiver. Hip quiver is designed to be used on the hunter’s dominant hand, whereas some are worn on the other side. The side quiver can be angled to tilt the fletch end of the arrow forward or back.
A tube quiver is a tube shape that has a circular opening. It uses either 3, 5 or more tubes inside the quiver to give you different compartments in which to rest arrows. Tube quiver is cylindrical and has flexible, hard sides. They are available in both hip and back quiver styles.
This type of quiver is beneficial for protecting your arrows from damage. As too much jangling around next to one another can cause arrows to damage each other’s fletchings, shafts, and even points.
Bow mounted quivers
Recurve and Compound crossbows usually come with screw holes and blushings to allow a quiver to be mounted onto your bow. This mounted quiver is most popular in crossbow users and hunters.
However, it is necessary to adjust the quiver’s placement and the weight on the crossbow itself. As the bolt is very near, it offers the advantage of being able to alter your next quick shot.
How to Choose the Back Quiver for Hunting?
When choosing a back quiver, make sure that it is durable and rugged enough to resist the harsh elements you’ll be hunting in. A lightweight and a good capacity quiver is easy to carry and allows you to carry a good number of arrows so that you won’t run out while on the hunt.
Here are some factors to consider when buying back quiver.
Generally, quivers come with 3 to 6 arrow capacity. As quiver with more arrow capacity can add too much weight to the bow. But side and back quivers can carry as many bolts as you can fit inside. It is easy to go over a limit, but if you go over the capacity, it’ll become harder to take an arrow from out of the quiver.
It depends on the diameter of the shaft, whereas 12 to 24 number of bolts are common in hip or back quiver.
Quiver Built Quality
The material used in quiver determines the durability and performance of the quiver. It should be lightweight and durable. It is usually made of foam and nylon webbing. Leather quivers are also durable.
The Quiver Depth
The depth of the quiver pocket is necessary if you don’t want your arrows to fall out easily while you bend over.
Generally, the depth of the quiver range from 19 to 23.2 inches. The most common length that the hunter prefers 30 inches. As crossbow bolts are shorter than regular bow arrows. Therefore it is important that you should never select a quiver that is longer or has the same length as the bolts of the crossbow.
It is recommended, select the arrows that should be at least be more than 3 inches longer than that of your quiver for a more comfortable reach.
Ease Of Wearing a Back Quiver
When you are aiming at a target, then you don’t want anything to get into your way. There is nothing bad than a quiver that slips from your shoulder before you release your arrow from a bow.
A quiver with a 3-Point harness system is a good option. In this system, the adjustable shoulder strap will be attached to two more straps that’ll connect to the bottom section of the quiver past each side of your body next to your hips.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many arrows does a quiver hold?
It depends on the holding capacity and the diameter of the quiver. Generally, the quiver has the holding capacity of 12 to 30 arrows. It also depends on the size of arrows and how much movement you want them to have.
What is the best quiver for Target Archery?
For target archery, the hip/side quiver is a good option. They are much easier to get access to your arrows.